Knowing that it all starts with the everyday, Sodexo believes all children deserve access to sufficient healthy food every day so they can learn, play and thrive.
That’s why, in 1996, we created the Stop Hunger initiative and, in 1999, launched the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation, a not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to ensure every child in the United States grows up with dependable access to enough nutritious food to enable them to lead a healthy, productive life—because no child should be hungry today or risk being hungry tomorrow.
We do this by mobilizing volunteers—including Sodexo employees, clients, customers and youth—to contribute to hunger-free communities across the United States.
With one in six children in the United States still hungry, we won’t rest on the good we’ve done. Instead, building on lessons learned over more than 20 years, we’ll work smarter—and harder—to end childhood hunger.
- Contribute to three million children in the United States having access to adequate, healthy food every day
- Contribute to protecting the social safety net that helps children and families move out of and avoid poverty and hunger
- Solidify our leadership in identifying, investing in and scaling innovative, youth-designed and led solutions to childhood hunger
To accomplish our goals, we will use three cross-cutting strategies:
- Invest in capacity building
- Identify, document and scale youth-led solutions
- Leverage the full asset of Sodexo
Visit HelpStopHunger.org to learn more about Stop Hunger and join the fight to end childhood hunger.